Sunday, April 5, 2009

lazy netflix sunday

I have spent all afternoon watching Netflix movies. One more and I can mail them all back tomorrow and have a whole new batch for this week. What a great way to spend a Sunday: sleep until noon and then watch movies on the couch.

I forgot to say last time that I got paired with a little sister for Big Brother Big Sister. I did a drive-by in her neighborhood (because I'm supposed to make sure I'm comfortable going there regularly), and I should be meeting her sometime soon. I'm really excited about it but nervous too.

Also, I read this article recently: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/opinion/02thu4.html?em. I'm definitely for BIGLAW finding a happy medium. I don't need $160K, so I'd love to not have to work 15 hour days to be part of it. Closing the gap between government/public interest and BIGLAW sounds like a great idea to me.

Not that this has anything to do with my or anyone else's employment status, but I totally blew some dude off today. It was quite satisfying. Apparently, he's not very good at handling having a life outside of work. He is constantly telling me he misses me after not calling for a week. Cry me a river. You don't have to devote your time to me, but if you don't, don't think I'm going to drop everything to hang out with you. Silly boys. This is why I should stick to the ladies. Or just not dating at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment